Google Goes Beyond Search: AdWords, Analytics and Google Apps
We all know Google’s awesome search functionality, but do you know everything else it has to offer? This 2-post series will teach you about:
- Part 1: Google AdWords, Analytics and Google Apps for business
- Part 2: Google+
Let’s start with the basics – by now you should be familiar with Google AdWords and Google Analytics:
- Google AdWords: AdWords (commonly referred to as Pay-Per-Click or PPC) is easy to set up for your building products business and allows you to target specific search terms, manage your budget and see what is working and what isn’t.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics allows you to track visitors, and their activity, on your website. If you’re ready to take it to the next level, consider upgrading to Google Analytics Premium which provides even greater insights.
Google has also developed several apps that your building products industry company may want to use. Google Apps is a full suite of cloud-based productivity tools that let you (and your team!) connect from any device. They are simple to set-up, use and manage. Here is an overview of some of my favorites:
- Gmail: Provides unique functionality like ‘labels’ that allow you to store emails in multiple folders. Also provides 30GB of free storage.
- Drive: A place to easily organize all of your files on the Google cloud.
- Docs: Perfect for creating and sharing documents in real-time with your team.
- Sheets: Spreadsheet functionality with discussion style comments.
- Slides: Work on presentations with your team in real time.
A couple other notable Google products:
- Google+ Hangouts: An easy (and free) way for up to 10 people to have a live video call.
- Google Wallet: Not only does it allow users to purchase products with 2 clicks, it now features a loyalty program component.
Look for my second post on Google coming shortly to determine what your company needs to do to stay relevant in search listings and beyond.