3 Rules for Building Successful Product Demo
People do not buy what they do not understand, therefore, a powerful, easy to understand building product demo is a great way to deliver your value proposition. Presenting key selling points while showing your product in action is invaluable to your prospects. If prospects are interested in the product, they are looking for a reason to buy, your demo can help close the sale.
Creating an impactful product demo can be challenging, giving enough information yet not too much can be a fine line. A boring demo can push your prospect away, yet you do not want to leave out important information.
The goal of your building product demo is to add prospects to your sales funnel and deliver high ROI. Follow these three steps to generate a valuable demo:
1. Narrow Your Content
- Establish your products key features
- Demonstrate features and their value
- Keep the information clear and concise
2. Show The Product
- Do not spend too much time on images and bullet points
- Prospects want to see the product
- Let the prospect see how the product works
3. Keep it Short, Sweet and On-Message
- Keep the demo content on what is important
- Online demos should be limited to 6 minutes max
- Keep the audience engaged, let the product sell itself
Maximize ROI of your Building Product Demo
To maximize ROI of your demo you must leverage the content across multiple outlets, sources and include it in various campaigns. A multi-media demo can do more than just live on your company website.
- Product demos can be circulated Via YouTube
- Posted on your companies Facebook page
- Circulated via Twitter using a short code
- Link the demo in e-mail communications to prospects and customers
- Establish webinar presentations where your demo can be viewed
- Tradeshow booth demos provide large audiences for viewing
When your building product demos are used effectively within marketing campaigns it can be a valuable tool for lead generation.
Sources and Additional Articles
- Source: Download PDF of Three Rules for Building Product Marketing Demos that Deliver Strong Leads and High ROI
- American Marketing Association
- Building Product Manufacturers Evaluate Tradeshow Benefits
- QR Codes and the Building Products Industry
- How Building Product Marketers can Define their Customers in 6 Steps
- The Tablet Revolution of the Building Products Industry
Leave a Comment
Building Relationships that Grow
We show up for clients and, like you, put our experience to work.
We focus on building solid relationships from day one, because we understand that trust isn’t given, it’s earned over time.