People connect with brands they trust!
A recent DMA report found, “People are happy to connect with brands they trust, but they’re increasingly selective about which ones they link up with!” Findings also show:
- 61% subscribe to e-mails from 10 or fewer brands
- The number of people who find 50% of their e-mails relevant or interesting has rocketed from 9% to 30%.
So, what motivates a consumer to sign-up for a brand’s e-mail?
- 65% responded “To Receive Offers or Sales”
- 61% responded “Discounts”
- Only 21% responded “Exclusive Content”
This would raise the question, is the customer Brand Loyal or Discount Loyal?
Another interesting fact, which industry sectors do you think do e-mail well?
- 56% responded “online retailers”
- 49% responded “supermarkets”
- 43% responded “high street retailers”
These numbers should be reviewed thoroughly as more consumers are found to sign-up for the identified categories at a higher rate than say insurance companies.
When a customer receives an interesting e-mail, what is the most common action?
- 64% – Click-through to the company website via the e-mail
- 22% – Go to the company website via another route
- 56% – Go to the company website directly
- 53% – Save the e-mail as reference for another date
- 45% – Bear the information for a later date
- Only 2% stated they would call the company directly
An interesting fact, a large number of responses does not use the information immediately and do not click-through the e-mail.
A common occurrence is for e-mail marketers to judge the success of a campaign over the first 12 to 24 hours, evaluating delivery, open-rate and click-through-rate. However, the above statistics clearly indicate that