People connect with brands they trust!
A recent DMA report found, “People are happy to connect with brands they trust, but they’re increasingly selective about which ones they link up with!” Findings also show:
- 61% subscribe to e-mails from 10 or fewer brands
- The number of people who find 50% of their e-mails relevant or interesting has rocketed from 9% to 30%.
So, what motivates a consumer to sign-up for a brand’s e-mail?
- 65% responded “To Receive Offers or Sales”
- 61% responded “Discounts”
- Only 21% responded “Exclusive Content”
This would raise the question, is the customer Brand Loyal or Discount Loyal?
Another interesting fact, which industry sectors do you think do e-mail well?
- 56% responded “online retailers”
- 49% responded “supermarkets”
- 43% responded “high street retailers”
These numbers should be reviewed thoroughly as more consumers are found to sign-up for the identified categories at a higher rate than say insurance companies.
When a customer receives an interesting e-mail, what is the most common action?
- 64% – Click-through to the company website via the e-mail
- 22% – Go to the company website via another route
- 56% – Go to the company website directly
- 53% – Save the e-mail as reference for another date
- 45% – Bear the information for a later date
- Only 2% stated they would call the company directly
An interesting fact, a large number of responses does not use the information immediately and do not click-through the e-mail.
A common occurrence is for e-mail marketers to judge the success of a campaign over the first 12 to 24 hours, evaluating delivery, open-rate and click-through-rate. However, the above statistics clearly indicate that
Leave a Comment
Building Relationships that Grow
We show up for clients and, like you, put our experience to work.
We focus on building solid relationships from day one, because we understand that trust isn’t given, it’s earned over time.