You’ve probably heard time and time again that content marketing is a big way to boost your presence on search engines and help you reach new customers. But what do you do if you’ve created piles of content but it doesn’t seem to be helping you gain traction? It may be time to work on distributing that content. Content distribution is something that has changed dramatically over the years. Here are five ways that you can work to distribute your content in 2018 and beyond.
- Turn a Blog Post (or Series) Into An E-Book – Do you have a blog post, article or series of articles you’re particularly fond of? Consider turning this content into an ebook. You don’t need hundreds of pages to call your content an ebook, just a few thousand words will do the trick. Format the content nicely and distribute it through your own site or consider other channels as well. You may be surprised by the results.
- Embrace Video – If you haven’t already started making videos, start today. Video is vital for content today. You can repurpose many of the same topics you’ve used for blog posts and use the power of Youtube and other video platforms to reach a completely new audience.
- Make Content Shareable – What are you doing to make your content shareable? Utilizing add-ins like infographics and videos can make it more appealing and shareable. In addition, make sure you have functional share buttons that work well on desktop and mobile. You want to make it easy for anyone who reads and enjoys the content to share with their friends, coworkers and acquaintances.
- Don’t Forget Email – Email is far from dead. If you’re not doing everything in your power to collect email addresses from potential customers, you should be. Then, harness the power of email to send your content directly to those who may be most likely to positively respond.
- Think Beyond Facebook – Yes, social media is a great way to share content. However, Facebook and Twitter are just the tip of the Iceberg. Consider Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest and industry-specific social media sites to get the most traction. You may be surprised at what you can accomplish through these platforms.
If you implement these strategies, you should see an immediate uptick in the impact that your content has on bringing in new customers and eventually your bottom line. Just remember, the goal is to get your content out there so you can introduce your company and brand new as many new people as possible, in the hopes that you bring in a few new customers along the way.
Leave a Comment
Building Relationships that Grow
We show up for clients and, like you, put our experience to work.
We focus on building solid relationships from day one, because we understand that trust isn’t given, it’s earned over time.