Innovation Blogs Help Building Product CMOs Innovate.
As a marketer and someone that likes to follow innovation and new tech gadgets, I’m always on the lookout for the next big thing – or for those in the know. I came across this article, Top 40 Innovation Bloggers of 2011 and I had to share. Innovation exists all around us and although the building product industry has seen better days, companies are still innovating and making their products better, faster, stronger and especially now – more efficient.
Here are a few of my favorite innovation blogs from the full list and why I think you should follow them:
- Brainzooming, Mike Brown: Mike is a personal friend, full of information on how you can start ‘brainzooming,’ his term for the starting point for implementing strategic change in your business.
- The Heart of Innovation, Mitch Ditkoff: Mitch focuses on innovation and improving your business and your self. He speaks to our intuition and our crazy ideas and encourages us to think outside of the box. In today’s market – blogs like this inspire us to innovate when the odds are stacked against us.
- Innovator Mindset, Dennis Stauffer: Dennis focuses on the more practical side of innovation. Sometimes its hard to get out of an ‘operations’ mindset and rethink the possible, but Dennis provides real advice with blog posts like: “Creating an Innovation Mindset – It’s All About the Assumptions”. As the CMO you need to think innovative to deliver creative solutions that work for your team and your company.
- Innovanomics, Deborah Mills-Scofield: Deborah takes a real look at innovation with posts like, “Is Innovation Now Status Quo?” Her blog posts provide insight on the future of innovation.
As we move in our daily lives, innovation helps us push forward– improving and evolving. As the CMO of a building products company, innovation never dies; even when budgets are slashed and departments cut back, the expectation for the new and exciting remains. Luckily, we live in a world where inspiration is not only out our front door, but is also at our fingertips.
So next time you are stuck in a rut, browse one of these blogs and get the creative juices flowing! Or check out the nifty Unstuck app for Ipad, which offers “personalized digital tools and community to help you get from stuck to unstuck.”
- Top 10 Building Products Industry Follows Worth Your Time
- 6 Lessons from Steve Jobs for Building Product Marketing
- The Tablet Revolution of the Building Products Industry