As a building products CMO, you are well aware that tradeshows offer a huge opportunity to drive sales and gain leads. With the Remodeling Show and DeckExpo quickly approaching, it is important to ensure your business is ready to gain exposure and stand out among the other exhibitors. Make sure your tradeshow team is ready with pre-show, in-booth, and post-show tactics to support your marketing strategy.
- Create a tradeshow campaign that drives traffic to your company’s booth to make the most of your investment. Make sure to include a payoff for visiting the booth when creating pre-show emails and direct mail promotions.
- With current technology, it is possible to research press, prospects, and exhibitors attending the show and meet with them once the show starts. Social media is a great tool for engaging media and attendees before the show by simply using the tradeshow hashtag. In addition, social media can be a beneficial way to promote any in-booth promotions.
During the Show
- Help your employees interact with booth attendees by providing talking points that keep everyone informed of relevant information. Building credible relationships with prospects can lead to sales and new leads. A register-to-win drawing is a great way to gather contact information to make it easy to follow up after the show.
- At the show is the best time to connect with building product-specific media to discuss your business and products. Connect with media on social media and stay connected for opportunities in the future. Since it is more beneficial for your employees to concentrate on the booth visitors during the show, utilize a social posting tool like HootSuite or SocialOomph to plan company tweets and posts ahead of time.
Post-Show Follow Up
- After a tradeshow, it’s important to follow up with the leads and prospects you met in your booth. A post-show email campaign that highlights your value proposition and reminds prospects of key product points helps set you apart from your competitors and ensures your business is top-of-mind.
While the Remodeling Show and DeckExpo are quickly approaching, it’s important to keep these core tradeshow strategies in mind for future shows. Believe it or not, the International Builders Show will be here before we know it! It’s never too early to start preparing to ensure your optimal ROI.
Leave a Comment
Building Relationships that Grow
We show up for clients and, like you, put our experience to work.
We focus on building solid relationships from day one, because we understand that trust isn’t given, it’s earned over time.