McCray Lumber & Millwork is a full-service lumberyard and custom millwork company with seven locations in the greater Kansas City area. Founded in 1947, McCray offers a wide range of products for the building community, including decking, siding, windows, and doors. In addition, they utilize GPS-equipped delivery trucks and centralized deliveries to better support their customers.
In 2019, McCray needed a way to raise their profile with current and potential customers. The team recognized they were not utilizing the power of social media to reach their customers, nor were they positioned to actively manage the ongoing strategy and growth of a social community with internal staff .
We first identified the social networks on which McCray would best reach their target audience and established their profiles where they did not yet have a presence. Then, we developed a seasonally-focused monthly content calendar and consistent social media posting schedule. On an ongoing basis, content is gathered from McCray blog posts, their suppliers, corporate activities in the community, and industry educational resources. Finally, we actively respond to comments and other social engagements with the McCray brand voice.
In just the first 90 days of managing social media for McCray, we:
- Increased website session traffic from social channels 145.3%, new website users by 149%, and website pageviews by 194.8%
- Grew the Instagram following from zero to 150, with over 5,000 profile impressions and 550 likes
- Increased net Facebook page likes by 10%, prompted 261 shares, and experienced a high engagement rate of 28.1%
- Grew the LinkedIn following by 85.7%, saw 275 post likes and 64 post shares, and increased engagement by 7.9%
- Increased Tweet impressions by 55.6%, likes by 254.5%, and link clicks by 56.3%