ER Marketing is seeking a creative, detail-oriented social media professional to join our agency as Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager serves an important role as an enthusiastic educator and advocate, they help our clients bring their product and brand to life through authentic and engaging social media strategies.
*This is an in-office role, remote candidates will not be considered at this time. Our agency works four days per week in our beautiful downtown Kansas City, Missouri office; wednesdays are an optional work from home day.
- Oversee client social media presence end-to-end:
- Coordinate monthly content planning process including calendar and creative development, execute plans utilizing social media management software platform
- Collaborate with Paid Media Specialist to develop coordinated campaign efforts between paid and organic
- Hold creative ownership of social media channels, develop engaging content visuals and copy for social media, partner with Creative Team as needed
- Monitor community activity and in-boxes, respond to questions and comments while maintaining client brand voice and standards
- Track account activity and metrics using analytics tools; present insights and recommendations to clients – understanding what worked, what didn’t, and why
- Champion social media:
- Serve as internal social media expert, educating peers and continually driving new tactics and creative approaches.
- Assist in winning new social media business by building client enthusiasm and buy-in for the channel
- Conduct client and competitor analysis across multiple channels utilize information to form strategic recommendations
- Work with clients and agency partners to identify and define program KPI goals and establish means of tracking progress
- 2+ years hands-on experience in running social media programs in a professional role
- Strong understanding of core social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Houzz is a plus.
- Understanding of social media management tools such as Hootsuite or Cloud Campaign
- Strong design and copywriting skills for creating social media content
- Skilled in using software solutions such as Google Analytics to collect and analyze social data
- Ability to self-manage tasks, juggle shifting priorities, and deliver work on time or ahead of schedule
- High attention to detail and adherence to quality assurance processes of highly visible channel
- Knowledge and experience with influencer programs a plus
Ability to Apply ER Marketing’s Core Values to their Role
At ER Marketing, we pride ourselves on our ability to produce real results for our client’s business. Our secret sauce? Living by our core values every single day - Curiosity, Respect, Accountability and Performance. We seek to hire enthusiastic, driven, life-long learners, who will roll up their sleeves and get the job done, no matter what.
- Capacity and willingness to learn new concepts and processes information quickly
- Regularly monitors content performance and asks “why” performance is either above or below benchmarks
- Continually asking, “did that deliver to the client objective?”
- Seeks information independently (avoids asking “have you seen my shoes?”)
- Outgoing “can do” attitude and customer service approach to work
- Responds in a timely manner to communications
- Consistently arrives on time, fully present and prepared
- Ability to work independently and manage own time and deliverables
- Willing to admit mistakes and adopt changes to prevent them in the future
- Consistently Reliable - Do what you say you will do.
- Regularly succeeds in helping clients deliver consistent, on-brand social media content
- High attention to detail with proofing and quality assurance of work
- Regularly evaluates content performance sharing insights and recommendations
We are a Kansas City based, full-service agency specializing in the building products industry. For nearly 20 years, we’ve partnered with our clients to dig in, get our hands dirty, and produce results driven (and award winning!) work for our clients, having fun and developing decades long relationships in the process. The building industry is booming and so is our business, that’s why we are seeking talented, hard-working individuals who aren’t afraid to wear many hats, sometimes even hard hats, to get the job done!
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Company funded 401K contribution
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Loft-like work environment with lots of snacks and smart people!