We are a Kansas City based, full-service agency specializing in the building products industry. For nearly 20 years, we’ve partnered with our clients to dig in, get our hands dirty, and produce results driven (and award winning!) work for our clients, having fun and developing decades long relationships in the process. The building industry is booming and so is our business, that’s why we are seeking talented, hard-working individuals who aren’t afraid to wear many hats, sometimes even hard hats, to get the job done!
ER Marketing is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our agency for a long-term, paid internship opportunity. This is an opportunity for a student or recent graduate to apply what they have learned in school while developing new hands-on experience with core skills for social media professionals. The Social Media Intern will focus on learning how to manage social media presence for clients, overseeing multiple aspects from calendar planning to community management.
The ideal intern candidate can work a set schedule of 10+ hours per week at our office in downtown KC beginning in September for the fall semester. If internship is successful, an offer may be extended to continue the internship for the following semester.
- Work with Account Service to coordinate monthly content planning process including calendar development, creative briefs, and content approvals
- Work with Designer to curate assets with minor design work such as image cropping or text overlays
- Work with Copywriter to develop text for posts such as hashtags and headlines
- Upload and schedule content using agency software
- Post, comment, share and monitor activity on behalf of clients daily
- Conduct competitor analysis across multiple channels
- Report on account activity and metrics using analytics tools
- Experiencing how agency teams work across multiple departments and disciplines to execute flawless social media content for clients
- Learning social media from a brand strategy perspective including personas, brand voice and content categories
- Utilizing social media software to plan and execute social media content
- Assisting developing client presentations on organic metrics, providing insights and recommendations
- Learning basics of paid media planning and audience targeting within multiple social media platforms
- Understanding social client onboarding process, what is needed to access and manage accounts
- Working towards or recently received bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or another related field
- Social media user experience including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Basic graphic design skills such as cropping images in Photoshop
- Able to self-manage list of tasks and deliver work on time or ahead of schedule
- High attention to detail and adherence to quality assurance processes
Ability to Apply ER Marketing’s Core Values to their Role
At ER Marketing, we pride ourselves on our ability to produce real results for our client’s business. Our secret sauce? Living by our core values every single day - Curiosity, Respect, Accountability and Performance. We seek to hire enthusiastic, driven, life-long learners, who will roll up their sleeves and get the job done, no matter what.
- Capacity and willingness to learn new concepts and processes information quickly
- Regularly monitors content performance and asks “why” performance is either above or below benchmarks
- Continually asking, “did that deliver to the client objective?”
- Seeks information independently (avoids asking “have you seen my shoes?”)
- Outgoing “can do” attitude and customer service approach to work
- Responds in a timely manner to communications
- Consistently arrives on time, fully present and prepared for all meetings
- Ability to work independently and manage own time and deliverables
- Willing to admit mistakes and adopt changes to prevent them in the future
- Consistently Reliable - Do what you say you will do.
- Regularly succeeds in helping clients deliver consistent, on-brand social media content
- High attention to detail with proofing and quality assurance of work
- Regularly evaluates content performance sharing insights and recommendations