We are a Kansas City-based, full-service agency specializing in the building products industry. For 20+ years, we’ve partnered with our clients to dig in, get our hands dirty, and produce results-driven (and award-winning!) work for our clients, having fun and developing decades long relationships in the process. The building industry is booming and so is our business, that’s why we are seeking talented, hard-working individuals who aren’t afraid to wear many hats, sometimes even hard hats, to get the job done!
The Account Coordinator is a critical role in a small-agency environment like ours, with responsibility for managing the day-to-day needs of multiple clients, while ensuring outstanding execution of all programs and projects for those clients. This role reports to the Director of Account Service, with the potential for promotion into the role of Account Executive, followed by Account Manager.
The ideal candidate will have served as an account coordinator (or equivalent) for 1-2 years and demonstrated exceptional project management skills, while also demonstrating the maturity and aptitude to handle communicating one on one with clients via phone and email. This means being ultra-organized, able to think on your feet, able to receive feedback both good and bad and build a relationship + trust with your clients. He/she is equally comfortable working independently and collaborating with the digital and creative departments to generate ideas & develop recommendations/plans, as well as to execute existing projects. While not being solely responsible for developing larger recommendations/plans, the candidate should feel comfortable with writing a marketing plan, including a project timeline and developing a budget estimate with input from others.
Finally, the ideal candidate must be passionate about this industry and about learning/developing new skills. Having experience/knowledge of email marketing, CRM systems, social media management, search engine marketing, or online/offline media buying would all be of value in this position. Experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is also important.
- Manages daily workload of the agency, along with other members of the account service team
- Includes setting timelines/tasks in our online project management system, balancing client needs with agency capacities, working 1-2 weeks ahead and addressing concerns from creative/digital departments
- Opens/Closes projects and manages budgets in project management system, including initial setup and regular monitoring to ensure projects stay on track
- Develops creative briefs and input documents to ensure creative/digital teams understand what is needed
- Routes all work between agency and client and communicates client feedback back to the agency
- Manages status reports/meetings with each assigned client
- Serves as the client advocate within the agency, knowing/understanding the client’s business better than anyone else
- Works closely with Director of Account Service and/or Account Manager to manage client portfolio
- Keeps Director of Account Service apprised of all that is happening with each client
• Degree from higher education institution or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with email marketing platforms and/or CRM systems is preferred
Ability to Apply ER Marketing’s Core Values to their Role
At ER Marketing, we pride ourselves on our ability to produce real results for our client’s business. Our secret sauce? Living by our core values every single day - Curiosity, Respect, Accountability and Performance. We seek to hire enthusiastic, driven, life-long learners, who will roll up their sleeves and get the job done, no matter what.
- Capacity and willingness to learn new concepts and processes information quickly
- Applies Identify, Discuss, Solve (IDS) thinking to issues to develop solutions
- Shows initiative in seeking answers and information independently
- Regularly monitors ad performance and asks “why” performance is either above or below expectations
- Continually asking, “did that deliver to the client objective?”
- Seeks information independently (avoids asking “have you seen my shoes?”)
- Outgoing “can do” attitude and customer service approach to clients
- Practices courtesy and understanding of other’s roles and how their work impacts them
- Manages client budget closely and treats it as if it were “their own money”
- Responds in a timely manner to agency and client questions
- Consistently arrives on time, fully present and prepared for all meetings
- Ability to work independently and manage own time and deliverables
- Adheres to high ethical standards, openly shares information, provides transparency to clients and internal team
- Willing to admit mistakes and adopt changes to prevent them in the future
- Consistently Reliable - Do what you say you will do
- Delivers projects on time and on budget
- Regularly succeeds in helping clients reach their objectives
- Contribute to agency growth goals by helping retain existing clients and contribute to the organic growth of those clients
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home Fridays
- Company-funded 401K contribution
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Work in downtown KC — office dogs, VR, treadmills, and snacks/lattes available for brain breaks!